Feel Good Friday, 8th Edition
And it’s my eighth Feel Good Friday. Yeah!
Here’s the info if you want to join in:
Pick one of these prompts and write about it on your blog! You can:
- Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.
- Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile. Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you?
- Write about something that YOU did for someone else that really made them happy or laugh.
- Is there something you treasure so much that every single time you look at it, it brings you happiness? Post a pic and tell everyone about it.
- Having a hard week and can’t find one good thing about it? Well then, what is your happy place? What do you think of that makes you happy? A past vacation? A childhood memory? We want to know!
Head over here and link up with Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets. Then go and read at least one other blog and leave them a comment to make their day brighter.
Have fun. Feel good. Smile.
Then, start looking for all of the good things you can write about for next week! Once you start looking for the “good” you will find it everywhere!
Here goes: five things that made me happy this week, in no particular order…
- Yet another of the things I’ve been enjoying that I brought down here from Mexico is a cutting board that my mother gave me a few years ago with a big holly leaf on it. It’s been almost five years since I last used it, before I moved down to Argentina in July 2005.
- This week I did 31 minutes on the treadmill, the longest since my stress fracture last year. I was intending to do 30, but got distracted and kept going. So now my next goal is to keep it at 30 minutes, and work up to my old speed, from before the fracture. I’m VERY happy about this!! It feels so good to be running again.
- I placed our second organic fruit and veggie order this week, which arrived this morning. I decided to go with the same place, though I still want to try out the second one. Gorgeous things, and as happened the last time, I ended up ordering things I don’t usually purchase, just to keep in line with the whole in-season produce goal. This week I bought some bok choy, which I remember always seeing in the grocery store as a kid, though I don’t remember ever having it. It’s also something I’ve never purchased, so I’ll have to go searching for recipes.
- We went to the Feria Internacional del Libro de Buenos Aires the other day, and I got new books in English (one of which I already finished)! I’ve been reading a lot lately, mostly in the bus/subway.
- I’m doing this detox diet a doctor recommended to me. I’m supposed to do it one week out of each month. The menu is totally boring (I can’t even have salt), but the good thing is that part of it includes homemade yogurt, something I used to love, but haven’t made or even had in a long time. I’m doing my second batch of yogurt right now. I had forgotten how yummy and flavorful homemade natural yogurt was. Totally enjoying it!!
Have a great weekend! Enjoy!