Feel Good Friday, 15th Edition
Here’s the info if you want to join in:
Pick one of these prompts and write about it on your blog! You can:
- Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.
- Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile. Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you?
- Write about something that YOU did for someone else that really made them happy or laugh.
- Is there something you treasure so much that every single time you look at it, it brings you happiness? Post a pic and tell everyone about it.
- Having a hard week and can’t find one good thing about it? Well then, what is your happy place? What do you think of that makes you happy? A past vacation? A childhood memory? We want to know!
Head over here and link up with Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets. Then go and read at least one other blog and leave them a comment to make their day brighter.
Have fun. Feel good. Smile.
Then, start looking for all of the good things you can write about for next week! Once you start looking for the “good” you will find it everywhere!
- The star system I mentioned two weeks ago is working out really well! I’ve been posting regularly on both blogs, and I love seeing the colored stars on my calendar! It helps me organize future posts, and see my progress. Love it! (Except that I can’t find any more stars, so I bought white circles until I can get up to the US sometime this year and buy real foil stars…yes, those on the right are the ones I want! Who would have guessed they don’t exist down here?!)
- I know I keep saying this, but I’m very thankful my tibia is doing so well…this week I worked up from 8.5 to 9.0 km/h on the treadmill, so that means next week is 9.0! Yeah!! Next month I’m back up to speed.
- I finished scarf #2 (the extremely long, fuzzy brown poodle scarf for A) and am working on #3 (another, more neutral one for me)! My third knitting class is next Tuesday afternoon. BTW, after reading more about knitting online, I have discovered that not only do I knit left handed (this was obvious), but I also learned the Continental style of knitting, not the American style. For those of you who have no clue what I’m talking about, here’s a quick video of a right-handed knitter doing both styles. I guess it would figure that down here they use Continental style.
- I’ve been reading a lot of The Omnivore’s Dilemma this week. Loving it. Loving it!
- I discovered a great new way to beat the rush hour traffic and get a seat on the subway after my painting class on Thursdays! It only added an extra 15 minutes to my trip home, and I got to sit the whole trip on the subway and almost the whole way on the bus. A seat on the subway is a huge deal down here. Rarely will you find an open seat, unless you’re riding the subway from one of the stations at the beginning or end of a line. And if you don’t get a seat, you literally get squashed up against many, many other people. So this is a big deal!
Happy weekend, all! Enjoy!!