Feel Good Friday: Old Friends
Pick one of these prompts and write about it on your blog! You can:
- Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.
- Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile. Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you?
- Write about something that YOU did for someone else that really made them happy or laugh.
- Is there something you treasure so much that every single time you look at it, it brings you happiness? Post a pic and tell everyone about it.
- Having a hard week and can’t find one good thing about it? Well then, what is your happy place? What do you think of that makes you happy? A past vacation? A childhood memory? We want to know!
Head over here and link up with Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets. Then go and read at least one other blog and leave them a comment to make their day brighter.
Have fun. Feel good. Smile.
Then, start looking for all of the good things you can write about for next week! Once you start looking for the “good” you will find it everywhere!
I’m writing on Thursday evening, since I’ll be offline all day tomorrow…meeting up with one of my sophomore year college roommates who I haven’t seen in almost ten years (I think), and is visiting from São Paolo, Brazil, where she’s been living this past year. We met up last when I was living in Tulum, Mexico…and I can’t even remember when it was!
A is always getting together with old friends. As I write this, he’s off playing soccer/football with friends from high school. Last month, we met up for dinner with some other high school friends of his. He has other high school friends that he sees on an almost weekly basis.
It’s one of the advantages of living in the same place you grew up in. I can’t say the same for myself, because I’ve lived in so many places. Though, all of my own friends have also moved around so much, that even if I lived in the same town where I grew up, there wouldn’t be many friends left to hang out with.
So, here’s to meeting up with old friends!
How often do you get to see friends from long ago? How do you keep in touch with friends?
Happy Friday and happy weekend!