Skip to content

Feel Good Friday: Old Friends

July 30, 2010

Here’s the info if you want to join in:

Step 1:
Pick one of these prompts and write about it on your blog!  You can:

• Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.
  • Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile.  Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you?
  • Write about something that YOU did for someone else that really made them happy or laugh.
  • Is there something you treasure so much that every single time you look at it, it brings you happiness?  Post a pic and tell everyone about it.
  • Having a hard week and can’t find one good thing about it?  Well then, what is your happy place?  What do you think of that makes you happy? A past vacation?  A childhood memory?  We want to know!

Step 2:
Head over here and link up with Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.  Then go and read at least one other blog and leave them a comment to make their day brighter.

Step 3:
Have fun.  Feel good.  Smile.

Then, start looking for all of the good things you can write about for next week!  Once you start looking for the “good”  you will find it everywhere!

Here goes…

I’m writing on Thursday evening, since I’ll be offline all day tomorrow…meeting up with one of my sophomore year college roommates who I haven’t seen in almost ten years (I think), and is visiting from São Paolo, Brazil, where she’s been living this past year. We met up last when I was living in Tulum, Mexico…and I can’t even remember when it was!

A is always getting together with old friends. As I write this, he’s off playing soccer/football with friends from high school. Last month, we met up for dinner with some other high school friends of his. He has other high school friends that he sees on an almost weekly basis.

It’s one of the advantages of living in the same place you grew up in. I can’t say the same for myself, because I’ve lived in so many places. Though, all of my own friends have also moved around so much, that even if I lived in the same town where I grew up, there wouldn’t be many friends left to hang out with.

So, here’s to meeting up with old friends!

How often do you get to see friends from long ago? How do you keep in touch with friends?

Happy Friday and happy weekend!

About these ads
8 Comments leave one →
  1. July 30, 2010 12:01 pm

I hope you’re having a great time hanging out with your friend!!!!!

2. July 31, 2010 8:17 pm

I had the best time! We talked for HOURS, and I got to speak English all day long. It was great. Happy weekend!

3. July 31, 2010 8:23 pm

I’m your newest follower from Feel Good Friday blog hop. Happy to be here – better late than never? Hope you had a wonderful time with your friends. If I had known that the day would come that I would be unable to share time together with the people who are dearest to me – I would have set aside more time. Hindsight . . . well . . . you know. Take very opportunity that comes along to love the ones you’re with!

I don’t get to hang out with old friends since I moved far, far away but we connect online with Facebook and such. That will have to do for now.

4. July 31, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi there Sharon! Welcome! Thanks so much for commenting.

I had the BEST time yesterday! Lots of fun. I know what you mean about sharing time with people. There were so many times in the past where I was feeling lazy and didn’t spend as much time with friends as I could have. And now they’re all far away! I’m so thankful for Facebook to help me keep in touch with long friends…and for getting back in touch with people I thought I’d lost touch with.

5. August 1, 2010 6:41 pm

Hope you had a good time! I love meeting up with old friends. I will be meeting up with some in September at a wedding and I can’t wait! :)

6. August 2, 2010 5:34 pm

Thanks for your comments, Jennifer! I hope you have the best of times! The last time I was up in the US for a wedding with high school friends, it was fabulous. Enjoy!

7. August 6, 2010 5:10 pm

We moved around a lot when I was a kid too, so I know how that goes. But now, as an adult, I have lived in the same place for 15 years!
    Getting to hang out with friends is such a rare thing! People are just so busy! I wish I could get my friends to slow down and spend some time together!

8. August 6, 2010 6:04 pm

Jb, I never ever moved as a kid, but I’ve moved a LOT as an adult. Ever since I moved out of my parents’ house, I haven’t lived in the same place for more than a year.

How sad that getting to hang out with friends is a rare thing for you. I agree that it’s hard to take a break from routine and life and just hang out with friends. I have to force myself to do it, because I realize what it’s like when people are no longer in my geographical region.