Feel Good…Friday? Sunday?
It’s Friday once again. Wait, no. It’s Sunday. Okay, so I slacked, but still wanted to share happy things this week. Choose a prompt and join in!
It’s been a while since I did a “five things” FGF post (or maybe it just feels like it’s been a while), so here goes:
- After getting back to the gym last week, I went in on Saturday, and since it was basically empty and the trainer was free, I asked him to set up a new routine for me. I was really tired of the one I was doing. So now I’ve been working on my new routine for the past week, and I’m loving it!! Major changes include: a lot more work on my arms, which I asked for specifically because I’m not thrilled with my arms, and I was clearly not doing enough arm exercises to make a difference. Plus, he has me doing less abs, and every day rather than every other day. I’m so happy with this! I used to dread my ab days before, even though I knew I’d feel great after doing them. So…I’m super happy about being back at the gym, and with a new routine! I feel great!
- The security guard of our apartment building is Peruvian, and he went back home on vacation for a couple of weeks and came back with a gift for us! What a surprise … Peruvian candy bars and this cake-like dessert. Check out the name on this thing! King Kong. It was totally unlike anything we had tried before.
- Last night we went to the Teatro Colón (link in Spanish) tonight to see the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra, conducted by Daniel Barenboim. I’d never been to the Colón, since it just opened up last month after several years of remodeling (link in Spanish), so I was very excited! Needless to say, it was A-MA-ZING. We had first-level balcony seats, and we were right above the orchestra.
- I didn’t mention this before, but I gained about six kilos last year with a thyroid issue I had, and after weighing myself yesterday at the gym, I’ve already lost four and have only got two more kilos to go! I’m very excited about this because I’m almost back to my regular weight!!
- Next Tuesday I travel to San Benedetto del Tronto in Italy for a Wellness Week (link in Spanish because the English page is in Italian). Basically, all kinds of exercise and wellness fun! I’m not as organized as I was on our last trip, so I’ve only set up a couple of posts to go out while I’m gone. Sorry!
Hope you’re all having a happy weekend!