Feel Good Friday: All kinds of amazing things this week!
It’s that time again!
Choose a prompt and join in!
Basically, FGF is all about being alert throughout the week for things that make you smile! And then sharing them with everyone else to make them smile, too! And getting together for a little link love!
Sound good? Then please join us! Start looking for all of the good things you can write about for next week! Once you start looking for the “good” you will find it everywhere!
I’m still posting infrequently over here, because I’ve been busy at my new blog. And, I still haven’t bothered to find someone to fix our oven, because I’ve been busy busy busy.
I decided to do a list of
five nine, since it’s been so long since I’ve done that (though actually, I’ve never done nine). It used to be my favorite prompt. So here goes!
- I got to see a very good friend on Friday who I hadn’t seen in a couple of years, who was in town on a ten hour layover. It was great! We talked about coaching and life and all kinds of things.
- I had a great meetup with friends on Monday evening! We had great food and wine and A and I got to see a new part of London that we hadn’t been to before (we don’t get out much). It was a lot of fun.
- My goal for this week was to get the new blog started, and I did! With a welcome post and three content posts: How are you doing with your new years resolutions?, 10 easy steps to improve time management and reduce stress, and Easy ways to reduce stress and add more hours to each day.
- I ordered some new business cards from Moo, as well as some free ones from Vista, and they both came in!
- I had an excellent two days at my free coaching course from The Coaching Academy. I learned a lot of interesting and very useful tools, did a bit of practice coaching, and met a lot of great new people!
- On Thursday morning, I had an amazing 6:45 a.m. breakfast with a BNI group. Business Networking International is this amazing group that started in the US where groups of business people meet once a week to give a quick elevator pitch and share referrals. I’ve been told it’s very effective in finding new clients, and wanted to check it out. You can visit twice before deciding whether or not you want to sign up. If you have your own business (of any kind: there were a lawyer and a financial advisor, among others), definitely give it a try. Check the website for a local group and send them an email.
- On Thursday afternoon, I had a great phone call with a person from a very reasonably priced coaching diploma program. Today I should receive the application form and then I can sign up!
- One of the posts on my new blog was selected for Freshly Pressed, meaning it showed up on the homepage of WordPress.com all day. Due to the eight hour time difference between here and California, it all happened in the afternoon/evening for me. Just before going to the gym, I found two comments on my brand new blog from readers I didn’t know personally. How did they find my blog? I checked stats, and had 81 page views for that post. I was surprised, and headed out to the gym. On my way back, I had several new comments and blog subscriptions. Arriving home and checking my stats, I saw that I had over 500 views of that post alone. As of writing this, I have 2,085 (and counting) views!
- Today I have a “free” day, which I can dedicate to some reading I want to get done, some blog writing, and a trip to the gym!
AND…this weekend I have another free coaching course, plus friends come from Argentina/Italy to visit!
How was your week?
Happy Friday, all! And happy weekend.